These terms and conditions set out the basis on which you can visit and use our Website. Please read them carefully as they contain important information.
1.2 In these Terms, unless the context requires otherwise:
- "e-outdoor" means any of the White & Bishop retail store outlets in the UK, details of your local store can be found by going to the Store Locator
- "Contract" means each contract for the supply of Goods by us into which these Terms shall be incorporated
- "Card" means the credit or debit card which you use to make payment for the Goods
- "Goods" means the goods which we supply in accordance with these Terms
- "Order" means a purchase order in respect of the Goods issued by you to us.
1.3 This site is owned and operated by "White and Bishop Ltd. Registered in England Number 482623. A Division of House of Goodness Ltd.
Regd. Office: New Creation Farm, Nether Heyford, Northampton.
1.4 e-outdoor reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the Website and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this Website and your continued use of the Website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest Terms.
1.6 e-outdoor may from time to time make available services on the Website which require registration. Information that you provide on this Website must be complete and accurate. You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
1.7 Subsequent access to such services shall require input of appropriate account and password details ("Login Details"). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login Details and any activities that occur under your account. e-outdoor shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your Login Details. In the event that you have any concerns regarding your Login Details or become aware of any misuse then you should inform us immediately by contacting our customer services team by email at email@example.com. e-outdoor may deactivate your account at any time which will mean that your Login Details will no longer provide access to your account. e-outdoor will let you know if it does this using the contact details you provided.
1.8 If you wish to subscribe to our Newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name, email address. You warrant on registration that the personal information which you are required to provide is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. If any of your details change you will notify us at your earliest convenience either through updating the new details in 'my account' or by contacting the customer services team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Order Process
2.1 Where an order form exists, we will request information from the user as required. Here a user must provide contact information (such as name, delivery address, telephone number) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customers' orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user.
2.2 All orders can be placed either online through the Website or by telephone on 0844 26 40 555 (lines open 9am to 5.00pm Monday-Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)). When you place an order with us online you will be taken through a secure checkout process and up to the point at which you click on 'submit' on the final page of the checkout you are able to add/amend/delete any items that you have placed in your basket.
2.3 Please note that the colours of the Goods are as accurate as the Website allows, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor. We cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery.
3. Acknowledgement and acceptance of your order
3.1 If you have supplied us with an email address, we will send you a confirmation of receipt of your Order email once you submit your Order and then you will be sent another email on despatch of your Goods. All Orders whether placed on the Website or by another method, will be subject to our acceptance in accordance with these Terms. Our acceptance of your Order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place upon despatch to you of the Goods ordered and it is at this point that your Card will be debited.
3.2 Any offers for Goods at discounted prices, including those detailed on the Website, may be made available from time to time for you to Order (subject to our acceptance) for a limited period of time as stated in that offer.
3.3 e-outdoor has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this Website, and in particular to ensure that (i) prices quoted are correct at time of publishing; and (ii) the Goods have been fairly described. However, please note that we may only accept Orders if there are no material errors in the description of the Goods or their prices as advertised on this Website.
3.4 Non-acceptance of an Order may be as a result of one of the following:
- 3.4.1 One or more of the Goods you ordered are unavailable. We will inform you as soon as possible if the Goods you have ordered are not available;
- 3.4.2 Our inability to obtain authorization for your payment. We may contact you to check your Card details;
- 3.4.3 The identification of a pricing or product description error as referred to in condition 3.3; or
- 3.4.4 You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria as set out in these Terms.
4.1 Subject to condition 6.6 (Delivery charges), the prices stated by us at the time we receive your Order are the prices you pay except where we discover an error in the price of the Goods you have ordered. In this event, we will inform you as soon as possible after receiving your Order and give you the option of reconfirming your Order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the Order as cancelled.
4.2 All prices are displayed on the Website in pounds sterling and are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate charged in the UK.
4.3 Pricing and Promotions
On occasion, the prices payable and promotions offered in respect of goods advertised on the Website may differ from those prices and promotions offered at the same time in our White & Bishop stores. We are under no obligation to honour any in-store price or promotion in the event that they differ from those on the Website. Similarly, White & Bishop* stores are under no obligation to honour any Website price or promotion in the event that they differ from those in-store. Prices that are reduced for sales and promotions are only valid for the specified period. We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods on the Website at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order.
5. Method of payment
5.1 We will not deduct the price from your Card until the Goods are despatched. We may delay despatch until receipt of authorisation for payment to be taken from the Card provided. You can pay using your credit or debit card that is either a VISA, Master Card, Switch, Maestro, Delta, Solo, Visa Electron . It is imperative that you provide the cardholder's name as it is shown on the card, and address exactly as it appears on the card statement.
5.2 We are unable to accept payment by cheque, Style cards, Duet Cards, cash, postal orders or gift vouchers.
5.3 Card fraud is illegal and will lead to prosecution in all cases.
5.4 Where any of the Goods contained within an Order are out of stock, we will contact you to explain the situation and confirm whether you would like to either cancel the whole Order or whether you would like us to process a new order for Goods that we have in stock.
5.5 Ownership of the Goods you Order on the Website shall pass to you on delivery provided that we have processed and received payment in full for such Goods.
6.1 Where we deliver:
- 6.1.1 Standard Delivery e-outdoor are able to deliver your Goods to any address within the UK mainland including the Highlands of Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man. We are also able to accept British Forces Post Office orders and to the Channel Islands.
- 6.1.2 Express Delivery We cannot offer Express Delivery to the Scottish Islands (Orkney, Shetland and Scottish Isles), Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, Channel Islands and British Forces Post Office (BFPO) addresses.
- 6.1.3 Barbour products: Barbour products ship to the UK and Ireland only.
6.2 Please note that on delivery our carriers will need to obtain a signature from you. A signature is required and our carriers will not be able to deliver Goods without such signature.
6.3 Selecting the delivery address:
- 6.3.1 Delivery to your Card address:
When you have selected the Goods that you wish to purchase from us, the delivery address will default automatically to the billing address associated with your Card.
- 6.3.2 Selecting an alternative address:
However, should you wish to send the Goods to an alternative address then you can enter this in the delivery address form as you proceed through the checkout process. The alternative address can be either residential or business.
6.4 To make life easier for you, if you set-up an account with e-outdoor then you can store your favourite addresses so that when re-ordering you can just select from your delivery address book saving you time and hassle in filling out the form again and finding the right post code.
6.5 We offer a Standard Delivery service which usually takes 3 to 5 working days for your goods to arrive, from receipt of your Order. We make every effort to deliver Goods within the estimated timescales; however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. e-outdoor shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the Goods within the estimated timescales.
6.6 If you choose Express Delivery your order will be sent via courier service (signature required) to arrive next working day, if the order is placed before 2pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). Please note that orders placed on a Friday will be delivered on a Monday and orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will usually be delivered the following Tuesday. Although we will make every reasonable effort to ensure your products are delivered within the set timescales, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that they will not be affected by unforeseen issues affecting our delivery partner. Under these circumstances, additional delivery charges will not be refunded.
6.7 Delivery charges:
- 6.7.1 The delivery charges are applied according to a simple banding structure based on the value of your total basket. There is only one delivery charge per Order.
- 6.7.2 Our current charges (as of 2nd March 2009) inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate charged in the UK per order can be found here.
6.8 Risk of loss or damage to the Goods shall pass to you at the time the Goods are delivered.
6.9 Redirection / Return of Consignment Once Despatched:
Unfortunately, we regret to say there is up to a Â£10.00[GBP] surcharge should the parcel need to be re-routed to a different address once despatched (We do recommend that all orders are sent to an address where a signature is available). This is because we are charged for this service by our couriers and we cannot absorb this cost.
We reserve the right to change the delivery prices without prior notice. While we make every effort to ensure that delivery takes place within 24-48 hours, we cannot guarantee any delivery times.
7. Tracking your order
7.1 Once your goods have been dispatched you will receive an e-mail confirming that they're on their way. Your goods will be delivered by one of three methods depending on the size of the parcel and delivery type:
- (i) Royal Mail first class signed for, for all small parcels that can be easily posted to you;
- (ii) Proof on delivery signature service for all express delivery orders and standard delivery parcels up to 25kg. Our carriers deliver Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am to 5.30pm;
7.2 Should you have any query with regards to the receipt of your order then please email us at email@example.com.
7.3 We have full access to the tracking of your parcel (unless it has been sent via the Royal Mail) and therefore our customer services team will be able to see the current status and resolve any issues for you.
8. Return of goods policy
We hope you will be satisfied with Goods purchased on our Website.
8.1 Subject to condition 8.2, if you wish to return to us, or exchange, any Goods:
- 8.1.1 In respect of which you find a fault within a reasonable time after delivery. Subject to confirmation of the fault, we will repair or replace the Goods or refund the price of the Goods at your option. If you request a refund, we will also refund the delivery charge. Please note that due to Health and Safety at work regulations we require any used faulty goods to be in a clean condition before accepting them for a refund. We reserve the right to refuse goods which are excessively soiled as they would be rejected by our suppliers;
- 8.1.2 for any reason you may do so within 60 days of the date of despatch. We will refund the price of the product, providing it is in a saleable condition and is in its original, undamaged packaging. Please allow up to 10 working days from the receipt of your return for a refund to be processed. The delivery charge is non-refundable after 7 days, (unless otherwise agreed between us) you must pay for the costs of return of the Goods to us.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
8.2 Please note that we cannot exchange or accept a return on gift vouchers, with the exception of faulty merchandise.
8.3 Under the distance selling regulations you have the legal right to cancel your order within seven working days of receipt of the goods (with the exception of purchases of perishable items such as food; items such as underwear that, by reason of their nature, cannot be returned; and special orders).
8.4 How to return or exchange products
If you would like to return any Goods to us then you can do so by:
- (i) Going to any White & Bishop Store
You can return or exchange Goods at any White & Bishop Store but must present the sales invoice supplied by us in respect of such Goods as proof of purchase. If you choose to receive a refund, the White & Bishop Store will refund the price of the Goods (excluding delivery charge) as shown on this sales invoice, to the same Card that you used to purchase the Goods. Alternatively, you may exchange product(s) for Goods of an equal value, for which you will receive a new receipt. OR
- (ii) Returning the Goods to our Returns centre
You can return Goods purchased through the Website to our Returns centre. The value of the returned Goods at the time of purchase will be refunded in full to the same Card that you used to purchase the Goods. If you wish to receive replacement Goods, contact our call centre on 0844 26 40 555 (lines open 9am to 5.00pm Monday-Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)).
8.5 To return any Goods to the Returns centre, please use Royal Mail postal service if the item is small and can be returned in the original packaging (e.g. jiffy bag) then please send to Unit C, West March industrial Estate, Daventry NN11 4SA.
8.6 For our records you will need to send the A4 invoice back with your goods to enable us to identify your Goods on receipt and process your return immediately. Once the returned Goods have been received and checked by our Returns centre then your Card will be automatically credited to the value of the Goods returned.
8.7 If you have any queries about your return and would like to contact us please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Warranties and Liability
9.1 Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation.
9.2 In the absence of any negligence other than breach of duty by e-outdoor, your use of any Goods other than in accordance with their operating manuals and/or instructions is entirely at your own risk.
9.3 e-outdoor will make every effort to deliver Goods within a reasonable time from the date of your Order and to comply with our obligations under these Terms, but we cannot be held responsible for delays or failures due to adverse weather, traffic delays, mechanical breakdowns or other circumstances beyond our control.
9.4 The information contained in the material in this Website is only for information purposes. e-outdoor, by permitting the use of this Website, does not hold itself out as providing any legal, financial or other advice. It also does not make any recommendation or endorsement as to any investment, advisor or other service or product or to any material submitted by third parties or linked to this Website. The material on this Website does not constitute advice and you should not rely on any material in this Website to make (or refrain from making) any decision or take (or refrain from taking) any action.
9.5 e-outdoor takes all reasonable care and diligence to ensure the accuracy and completeness of information on the Website and that Goods details, images and descriptions are correct at the time information is first published onto the Website. The Website is provided on an "as is" basis and we give no warranty and make no representation regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content on the Website. e-outdoor cannot guarantee the accuracy of images on the Website and the colours of actual Goods may differ from images and this is a product of photographic processes of our suppliers. Sizing guides provided on the Website are provided by our suppliers and are intended as a general guide only. We do not accept any liability for discrepancies in measurements, nor any purchases which arise directly from the sizing charts provided on the website.
9.6 e-outdoor will make every effort to keep the Website available but e-outdoor cannot guarantee that the Website will always be available, reliable, free from technical inaccuracies and typographical errors or other types of error. Further, we often review the content of the Website to keep it up to date, but we cannot guarantee that it will always be up to date. e-outdoor do not make any other promises or warranties about the Website.
9.7 This Website also contains links to other websites and resources which are not under the control of and are not maintained by e-outdoor. e-outdoor has no control over such websites and resources. e-outdoor provides these links for your convenience only but does not necessarily endorse the material on these websites. Your visiting of any external websites via links from this Site is entirely at your own risk. Where it is possible for you to transact through any linked website with a third party, such transactions shall be (and any rights and obligations shall arise) solely between you and the third party. Therefore, you should ensure that you carefully read the terms and conditions for the accessing and use of such websites and resources and, if you suffer losses as a result of accessing and/or using such third party websites and resources, you must claim against the third party and not us.
9.8 Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this Website are directed solely at those who access this website from the United Kingdom. e-outdoor make no representation that any products or services referred to in the materials on this website are appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
9.9 We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your Order and payment secure, but, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you.
9.10 If either you or we are in breach of the arrangements under these Terms, neither of us will be responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result, except those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the breach. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by both you and us at the time you place an Order.
10.1 We aim to deal with all complaints as effectively as possible. Our complaints handling procedure is designed to be fair, confidential, easy to use, speedy and informative. If you wish to make a complaint please contact us either:
To The Manager
White & Bishop Ltd
13-17 Bridge Street
Please provide full details of the nature of your complaint, including the products purchased, your order number, your name, address, daytime telephone number, email address and any other information which you think will assist us in resolving your problem as quickly as possible.
11. Sale of Knives or Bladed articles
11.1 It is an offence for any person under the age of 18 years to purchase most kinds of knives. We shall only supply knives and related equipment to customers over the age of 18 years. The sale of knives and bladed articles are regulated by law and subject to these Terms.
11.2 We reserve the right to refuse the sale if we have reasonable cause to believe you are below the age of 18 years, or if we believe that the supply of Goods to you may infringe the law or present an unacceptable potential risk to the safety of others.
11.3 Our main goal is to promote the safe use of the specialist tools and for this reason we always take steps to ensure that our knives and tools are promoted in a responsible manner.
12. Business Use
We have selected our Goods on the basis that they will be used for domestic use only, if you are planning to use them for business purposes please make sure that you are covered by the appropriate insurance. Where you decide to use the Goods in the course of a business, we exclude (to the fullest extend permitted by law) those warranties and conditions relating to fitness for a particular purpose. Our maximum liability to business users arising out of or in connection with the products shall be limited to the replacement value of the product in question (except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or in respect of fraud). In relation to business users, we do not accept liability for the fitness of Goods for business purposes, nor do we accept liability for loss of use of the item nor any loss over and above the cost of the item in the event of a claim for breach of warranty or condition.
13.1 A person who is not party to this agreement shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement. This clause does not affect any right or remedy of any person which exists or is available otherwise than pursuant to that Act.
13.2 Each Contract shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with English law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Where national regulatory authorities have jurisdiction over the contents of this Website, e-outdoor has attempted to ensure compliance with the requirements of such regulatory body.
14.2 e-outdoor is the sole owner of the information collected on this Website. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. e-outdoor, collects information from our users at several different points on our Website unless we are legally entitled or required to do so, or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property or personal safety and those of other users of this Website. Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes without your express permission.
14.3 Information collected
We may collect the following data from you:
- 14.3.1 information that you provide to us when setting up or amending an account with us. For example, your name, address, various delivery addresses, email address, contact telephone numbers password, password question and answer, and card details which can be used when you subsequently place an order;
- 14.3.2 information that you provide to us when placing an order online or by filling in any online registration form which we may make available on our Website. For example, your name, email address, payment address and card details which are essential for processing an order;
- 14.3.3 information which you voluntarily disclose to us by email or other means;
- 14.3.4 information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type;
- 14.3.5 information about your internet usage obtained using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
14.4 Surveys and Contests
From time-to-time our Website requests information from its users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as post code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this Website.
14.5 Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 14.5.1 internal analysis purposes within our group of companies;
- 14.5.2 to create and maintain your account with us;
- 14.5.3 to comply with our obligations following your order as set out in our terms and conditions of sale;
- 14.5.4 to provide regular updates and newsletters in respect of our products and services;
- 14.5.5 to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 14.5.6 to administer and otherwise perform our obligations in relation to the goods and/or services which we have agreed to provide to you. For example, we may use an outside carrier company to deliver orders, and a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes;
- 14.5.7 to provide you with information and services including any marketing that you have requested from us and otherwise to respond to queries which you may submit;
- 14.5.8 to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website where you have chosen to do so;
- 14.5.9 to notify you about changes to our Website;
- 14.5.10 to offer you products and services provided by us or any other company within the same group of companies. You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information and/or user information, we are entitled to do so.
14.6 Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as your post code), or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user's personal data provided to us. This can easily be done by emailing Customer Services at email@example.com
14.7 Third parties who may use the information
We may pass your data to third parties for the purposes of processing credit or debit card payments and processing your orders.
14.8 Your consent
During the online ordering and/or registration process you will be given the opportunity to withdraw your consent to either:
- (a) our contacting you to offer you promotional goods and services; and/or
Users who no longer wish to receive regular information from e-outdoor may opt-out of receiving these communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you withdraw your consent to use of your personal information we will stop such use as soon as reasonably practicable
- 14.9.2 Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits. These cookies will enable us to improve our knowledge of your use of our web site and to identify whether or not all of the pages which you request are successfully received. Whilst these cookies are anonymous, they do allow us to improve our Website. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our Website's most useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on. If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- 14.10.1 At e-outdoor, we realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide us. Our site (e-outdoor.co.uk) currently uses high-level Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. You can therefore rest assured that we take the security of your payment and personal details very seriously. We may vary this in the future if we feel you will benefit from greater security whilst using our Website.
- 14.10.2 You can tell whether a webpage is secure as 'https' will replace the 'http' at the front of the www.e-outdoor.co.uk in your browser address window, also a small locked padlock will appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
- 14.10.3 While we currently use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also protect your information off-line. All of your information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer services representative) are granted access to your personal information. The servers on which we store your personal information are kept in a secure environment.
14.11 Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode
- 14.11.1 To give you even more confidence in shopping online with e-outdoor.co.uk, we have introduced Verified by Visa and MastercardÂ® SecureCodeâ„¢. These services enhance your existing credit/debit card accounts against unauthorized use when you shop with us.
- 14.11.2 To use this service, you must first register with the bank or other organisation that issued your card.
- 14.11.3 Once you have registered and created your own private password with your card issuer, you will be automatically prompted at the checkout when the card is being processed to provide this password each time you make a purchase.
- 14.11.4 Please note: Your Verified by Visa and MastercardÂ® SecureCodeâ„¢ password is related to your credit/debit cards and is not your e-outdoor.co.uk customer account password. e-outdoor.co.uk does not have access to your Verified by Visa or MastercardÂ® SecureCodeâ„¢ password.
- 14.12.1 Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an email to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
- 14.12.2 e-outdoor will never ask you to send any personal details via email. If we require such details, for security reasons we will ask you to contact us by telephone. Should you receive an email claiming to be from e-outdoor, White & Bishop Ltd requesting this kind of information please do not respond but contact us immediately.
White & Bishop Limited
13-17 Bridge Street